Jun 3, 2011

Night Train to Terror

Original movie poster.
This is a grab bag of a movie, with all sorts of things to offer as long as you don't expect to see a conventional film in any way. It has gore, plenty of nudity, bondage, humor, stupid stuff, smart stuff, and everything in between, AND MORE! it's so much weird fun. 


God & Satan on a train?
I'm a collector you know.
It ain't a toy!
I have to wonder what it would be like to watch this one on any kind of drugs. What we have is a train carrying a kitschy 1980s new wave band doing some hilariously dated vintage-MTV-style routines. Also on board are God and "Mr. Satan", who are engaged in competition for souls of some other people supposedly on the same train. (Of note also is the small role of the conductor, who has some cool, darkly humorous dialogue.) We get to see the cases of the people whose souls for which God and Satan are vying for, which, in actuality, are three different movies (the unfinished movie "Scream Your Head Off", "Death Wish Club", and "Cataclysm") cut down to size for your warped, brain-numbing enjoyment. Two of these entries feature Charles (a.k.a. Richard, or "Bull" from "Night Court") Moll! My favorite of all the stories is definitely the one that was culled from "Scream Your Head Off", which would've been a cool movie if they would have been able to complete it. What a shame! I swear Richard Moll makes for one memorable psycho in that one. 


Giant Child Killer Demon.
Mother Mary never looked so ugly haha
High class special effects.
The film has plenty of nudity.
Another thing I love is what God has to say about rock n' roll music I tell you, if God were this cool, I'd be in church everyday! I dig this whole paste-up movie, as you can tell. It's this wild overload of stimuli, like they were just taking everything weird and off-the-wall they could think of and tossing it into one big, freaky mixing bowl. I admit the "Cataclysm" entry is more sluggish, but it's interesting in a lot of its own ways. (I love the on-air speech Moll gives: "What I'm about to say will cause you pain...") I am glad I was able to find this forgotten extravaganza of stylishly bad cinema on the 50 Drive-In Movie Classics released by Millcreek Entertainment.


Here's the amazing work of someone I haven't met but I thank for the Hi-Res screen caps which include most of the nude scenes for those looking for a decent exploitation flick fun.


The best scenes cap.


Here's the movie trailer


No comments: