Feb 20, 2012

Diecast Fever 2

Truth be told.
Continuing with the recently added categories to your humble servant's blog I return to the diecast fever section. A few days ago I told you I only liked muscle cars, AKA mopar so, most of the entries will have to do with such category alone. It just so happened that a week ago I found this amazing Hot Wheels 5 car pack with MOPAR/Muscle cars with the characteristic of being "toon" versions of each car, or "Super deformed" as the japanese like to call it. The pack consists of a 1970 Dodge Charger Daytona, a 69' Pontiac GTO, a 63' Corvette, a 69' Camaro and a 69' Mustang GTO. 

I remember some time ago, some dude at a toy store suggested me to buy Maisto cars instead of Hot Wheels, cause the later ones were deformed version of cars. Little did he know about cars, cause Hot Wheels has several categories of cars, and to my belief, kids prefer this futuristic/animalistic/sci-fi line of cars Hot Wheels has been delivering for agers. However, Hot Wheels & Matchbox are my brands of choice, simply because they were part of my childhood. Majorette, Maisto and Tomica were a part of my childhood too, but my eyes always pointed into the racks where I could find Hot Wheels & Matchbox cars. So, this salesman was trying to pull horrible hip-hop-like pimped cars, and I didn't wanted to be rude and tell him "fuck your suggestion, I'm a rocker, I can't stand pimped cars, Mckay?"

Anyways, I didn't buy any cars that day, although I have returned to the same toy store to by 1:24 Welly cars, they rock.

Let the pictures do the talking:

Nice engine.
How could a driver have clear visibility with such a monster engine!
Monster Mustang.
at first I thought this was a Challenger, but it was a Camaro.
The ruler of my life, 69' Pontiac GTO, The Judge.

Also on my unintended diecast search I came across two "Fresh Paint" series, made by Maisto. So what? you might ask. Well, these Fresh Paint cars are those that change their color when drowned in warm water, and yeah, change color back when drowned in cold water. This was a superb cooll characteristic that appeared in the late 80's. Kids went crazy with these cars, and so did I. So, as a way to pay homage to my past I bought these two cars.

The Vantasy.
The Slayer.
And that's it for today in the world of the stupid nerd 40 years old virgin geek section of this humble blog. Next time more cult movies & gals.

No comments: